Favourite Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Cards

Post by grishnakh99 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Hey everyone,

Everyone has a different style of playing, and are at different places with deck design.

So what are your favourite cards out there? The old stand bys, or the cards that once in awhile pull out a Victory from the jaws of defeat?

Mine are:
Tiamat 1/3/1 I, Flying, Strike 2.
I got this card early, and it's been in most decks since. Strike 2 is just nasty and a fast phase in makes this card deadly. Combined with Thadius, it has a 4 damage output, flying, 2nd turn and 2 damage that punches right through armour. If you play it second, it combines to create a nasty Dead On Arrival effect (any assault card they play is instantly killed by your attacks and strikes).

Fortifier 2/4/3 I, Armoured 2, Flurry 2, Pierce 2
I love Flurry. For those of you that don't know how it works, Flurry gives a 50% to give off x extra attacks. In this card, it has Flurry 2, so half the time it attacks an additional 2 times, at whatever it's attack value is. So rally it up to 3, and you have 3 attacks all at power 3 half the time. Rally to 4? Potential for 3 attacks, all at strength 4 for 12 total damage. The first attack might kill the card in front of it, and the other two might hit the commander directly. I've had this card save me from defeat a few times. And it's tough! Armour 2, 4 health.

Mawcor 3/4/3 B, Flurry 2, Crush 3
Again, love Flurry, and Mawcor is the king (so far). Without any boosts, 50% of the time he attacks once for 3 damage. The other 50% of the time, he attacks 3 times (!!) Each for 3 damage, total 9. With a boost from a cheap Asylum, or a commander that has Rally Bloodthirsty, he has Attack 5, Flurry 2. I just love watching him get boosted and Blazing right through a blocker and killing the commander. Epic.

Rifter 2/5/3 X, Flying, Strike All 1, Poison.
Rifter is a great all purpose card. With high health and flying, it can survive to make it on the board. Then with a combination of Strike All and poison, it makes a great addition to a Xeno slow roll deck. This has been one of my stand by cards.

Predator 2/3/1 X, Strike1, AntiAir 1
Phases in fast, and can do as much damage as Tiamat, and more to air.

Omega 1/5/1 Legendary Raider, Strike 1, Weaken 1, Seige 1
Omega is an all-purpose card. It doesn't do any one thing particularly well, but does a variety of things. It can help in most decks. Its seige is too slow but to take out the weakest structures, his attack is laughable, but a weaken in the right spot, a strike here, an extra point of seige to help knock off a building... they're all small effects spread all over. He's useful in all decks, but as a 'special sauce', not the main course.

Sawblade, Irradiated Infantry, Vampire, and Hatchet
Put these all into one category because they are low level stand bys. You can pretty much win any mission up to 40+ with Saw Blade and Thadius. Same with Irradiated Infantry. Vampire and Hatchet work really well with a Rally commander as well, and are all common (except hatchet) and reliable. Backbones to get us where we are today!

Honorable Mentions:
Draconian Queen, Hatchet, Asylum, Dominated Hatchlings, Poseidon, Havok, Gun Raven, ... too many to count. I'll leave it there.

So what are your favourite cards? Ones you just love throwing in, or ones that can pull victory from the jaws of defeat?

Last edited by grishnakh99 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

grishnakh99
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite Cards

Post by jordonrnewport on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Abminable Horror 3/5/4
Regen 3 Weaken all 1 and berzerk

And i love Mawcor as well

jordonrnewport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D0m1at0r on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:44 pm

My favourite card has got to be Abominable raksha. 7 health and refresh-it's not going down in a hurry. Someone immobilises or poisons or diseases it? No worries-it cleanses itself. With a decent 4 attack too and a rather nice 'status' (it's hard to get so it looks good if you have it) this has got to be my favourite card.
However, in tournaments, my favourite card is placid glider. Seems like nothing special-a 2/6 for 3 with cleanse righteous, protect righteous 2 and strike bloodthirsty 2, but boy is this card useful. Firstly, if it is your only righteous card, then it's not going to die easily-it can also help protect your spiritual infantry (who can then tribute the protect back). He also cleanses himself too; a useful skill. But by far his most useful characteristic is his seemingly innoculous strike bloodthirsty 2. Firstly, it is so innoculous that many opponents do not realise that placid glider even has this ability, and they will often send bloodthirsty cards to their doom without realizing it. Also, combining this with Zander's enfeeble bloodthirsty 1 means that this card can strik an opponents' bloodthirsty card for 3 each turn-and this includes the dreaded necrogeddon. This is why I like this card so much.
D0m1at0r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboticus on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 pm

I swear Mawcaw is only flurry 2.

Darkon Destroyer 2/7/3 berserk 1 leech 4
I got this card in a purity pack and since then it's been a staple in my kick-ass raider deck. I love it for it's ability to simply eat through the opponent's deck without dying. Once active, very very few things can stop it.

Chas Swarm 1/5/1 flying chaos
Now this is a fun card if ever I saw one. I like this card for it's ability to wreak, well, chaos among the enemy. Not only can it take advantage of an enemy's strike all 1 like mimic, but it also stops the ability from hitting you, unlike mimic. This is what makes it so useful.

Fury Walker 1/4/2 rally raider 2 flurry 1
Both fury walkers have been a staple in my raider deck ever since I got them from mission whatever. Combined with other rally, which raider is fond of, they can really crush an enemy assault, or deliver the fatal blow to a commander.
Roboticus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D00n on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

Quilled blaster 3/2/2 swipe weaken 1
Often overlooked since it's only a common, the quilled blaster is nevertheless one of my favorite cards. Although it's squishy at only 2 health for 2 turns, it nevertheless combines high powered swipe (my favorite skill in the game) with decent speed - and with a small weaken to boot. With a rally commander or a rally flag (or a mobile base) behind it, it can devastate the enemy ranks once active.

Juggernaut 1/4/3 armored 3 berserk 1 crush 3
The juggernaut combines the all-powerful berserk skill with a massive 3 armor, making it near-impossible to kill for most fast cards, while crushing the enemy commander when it inevitably smashes through the enemy ranks.

Apollo 1/5/4 armored 2 evade heal all 3
The first legendary you get from ending top 1% in a tournament. Armor 2 and evade keep it alive in the face of almost anything, and once it's active you get a massive heal all 3 each turn, making your units nearly impossible to kill. Not great on the offense but an extremely powerful support card.
D00n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D0m1at0r on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Well my favourite card has just changed. Having seen some cards that are currently in development, unless they nerf it, I think hercules is my new favourite card. It's a raider legendary. a 2/5 swipe evade burst 1 for 2 cooldown.
Oh wait that isn't OP enough. Imagine what it would be like if it was for 1.........
D0m1at0r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top